Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Supper

What does a kid want more than anything else when coming home from a long, tedious day of learning? FOOD, of course! Every teenager has been there. You know what I mean. Those instances when you open the refrigerator door, find nothing that you can easily pick up and eat, and close the door only to come back ten more times even though you KNOW there will not be anything new. Yes, those times. We Americans have houses full of food, yet we can never find anything to eat after school! It is irritating! Today I came home to a pot of boiling chicken. I was hungry, but I took a walk instead. When I came back, I made the discovery that my mother had gone to the grocery store. She came home without any real food, however. This is definitely America. "Fridges, fridges, everywhere, and not a bite to eat." ^_^

1 comment: