Monday, March 15, 2010

A Special Memory and the Importance of Chocolate

As a child, I ran around everywhere! There was not a corner top, kitchen cabinet, or underside of a bed that I didn't examine thoroughly. There was always one place, though, that awed me with its complexity and mystery - that was my sister's room. I was almost never allowed inside, but my curiosity was only heightened. I exercised the "I'm not touching you!" principle by sitting just outside her door frame and watching her. Needless to say this did not encourage sisterly love. I adored my sister, and I remember the day she started "Sister Night". She had saved up her allowance and ordered pizza just for us, and took me into her room to eat it! What's more, she let me sit on her really high bed as I had dreamed of doing forever! We ate our food (cheese pizza had never tasted so good) and then my sister read me the first few chapters of the book she had been writing! I almost died from excitement! She turned on some Enya (Paint the Sky with Stars has been my favorite since) and asked me to help her pick out and outfit for her upcoming youth group activity. I felt like crying. We both started getting tired, and she surprised me yet again by allowing me to have a sleepover in her room! She probably didn't realize it at the time, but that is a night I will never forget. I went to sleep as the happiest kid in the world and dreamed about my future with the best sister anyone could ever ask for.

CHOCOLATE

Every girl knows that chocolate has magical properties. It is a temporary balm for hurt pride and broken hearts. I believe it is a natural craving for us at...certain times. What girl can resist the smooth, melt-in-your-mouth texture or that sweet balance between sugar and bitterness? As each girl is different, so her choice in chocolate differs. Cathy loves dark chocolate, while Jamie adores milk chocolate Hershey's bars, and Christina loves Cookies-n-Cream white chocolate bars. Chocolate is a sign of love.It says volumes more than roses or cards, although a kiss still wins. ;-) (not that I would know **halo**) Chocolate - NOT diamonds - is a girl's best friend. Does a girl run to her diamond necklace right after she gets dumped? Does she grab her diamond ring while watching a movie at a sleepover? No! A girl's blood, I am convinced, is at least one percent chocolate. I suppose I have just shown the key to my heart. ^_^ (or have I?)

*~FUR~*

No comments:

Post a Comment