Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dreams

Being a senior in high school has its perks. Getting out half days is definitely great...if you don't fill the free time with extra-curricular activities plus overtime. Getting to walk down the hallways knowing you're the most experienced class, and that you DO influence the younger kids (for good or bad) is pretty cool as well. This position is a hard one to be in, though, especially when your creative abilities are bound by a teacher who assigns you to a group for projects. Take Sweetflame, for instance. This is a sweets and treats business created for a project, but I want it to be so much more! I am excited, and can not stop making plans and tweaking the products to look and taste even better. Today, I made my first official business appointment with a cupcake store in Greenville. It felt grand. The shine soon wore off, however, when one of my teammates bailed on me, causing this appointment to look fake and unprofessional. What is a dreamer to do? I suppose it is no new thing to face obstacles when pursuing dreams, but it stinks. ^_^ Should I even tell them about the potential opening for an actual location in the mall? Would they even care? *sigh* We'll see. Maybe I'll be forced to go it alone......then again, that may be for the best. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment