Friday, June 25, 2010

What a Rush!

I wander into the living room and plop down onto the piano bench looking for some way to relieve the almost unbearable boredom that has been oppressing me all day. None of the songs seem to be the right mood for the day, but as I begin to tackle one of my Josh Groban books, the gray clouds slowly start to lift. The book sucks me in with its melodies until -*BOOM*-a crash of thunder rattles the house, breaking my concentration and casting a dissonant sound through the speakers of the keyboard. With a sigh, I rise from my cushioned seat and slowly open the door leading out of my muggy kitchen. A blast of cool misty air greets my warm face. It's beginning to rain. I step out onto the deck and feel the cool drops begin to play a game of tic-tac-toe on my outstretched arms. *BOOM* Another burst of thunder rips the sky, and the trees begin to dance wildly back and forth. In the trees' dance there comes a pause in which the rain comes down in torrents. I feel the water tickling my nose. The wind begins to toss the trees from side to side again, and it sends chills through me. What miracles God gives every day.



*~FUR~*
Proverbs 31:30
p.s. The storm was so much better than any water ride at Six Flags!! Wish you could have been there. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment