Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Limbo

I am now an alumna (right, Mrs. Bailes?) of Oakwood Christian School. This reminds me of that time of my life where I was too old for Patch the Pirate's Club yet too young for the youth group. It really stinks. The economy makes it nearly impossible to get a job, which is something I am dying to do, contrary to popular opinion. There's nothing like telling someone you're looking for a job and having them give you a look of complete shock and then shake their head. It's very encouraging. We should all do that. o and find some young person who is aching to work their hands to the bone in America's workforce, and laugh in their face. Really...it's good for them. **breathe** Where was I? Oh yes...Is it normal to want to work hard? I've never really had to work a day in my life, and I really really want to. Of course, it's always different at home. No one thinks of that as real work (as in teenagers and the homes they live in). I want to go to college and blaze through giant projects that challenge me and force me to think hard. College is going to be difficult, but wouldn't that be a welcome change from just getting up every day and only having to worry about menial tasks like taking out the garbage????? PLEASE!!! LET ME LEAVE!!

2 comments:

  1. so how long have you had this blog? I would have been reading it had I known!!! And yes - you are an alumna!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eerrrmmmmm...I don't remember...I tried one before, but had to delete it. That was before we did the OCS one, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete