Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Hungry!

Everyone has those days where you wake up late, have to rush off without breakfast and start working. Everyone has those days where your work completely swallows you up and makes lunch impossible. Everyone has those days, so everyone should understand how hungry a person can get. They're not starving, granted, but they're pretty stinkin' hungry! Today was one of those days. My thanks goes out to Miss Random Personne who handed me a Nutri-Grain bar to me in eight o'clock General Psychology class. Supper isn't for another hour, and I am having to resist the urge to maliciously decapitate all of Jamie's teddy grahams. <_< This got me thinking, and I was scared to catch myself having a "Sunshine on the Soapsuds" moment.

Everyone has those days where you wake up late and have to rush off without reading their Bible. Everyone has those days where your work completely swallows you up and makes a quiet moment of prayer impossible. Everyone has those days, but many don't understand why they're spiritually malnourished. Many people don't even know how to read the signs.

Honestly, college scared me. It scared me, because I was afraid of failure. Disappointing people will probably always be my biggest fear, and you can ask me why off of here if you would like. It wasn't lack of preparation for the classes that stumped me here, however. Mainly the difficulty has been a social one. Not having anything to say tends to shut down conversations quickly. Having a nuetral countenance tends to bore those of normal teenage attention spans. This led me to wonder what my problem was. On one hand, I know that I'm different than anyone else. On the other, was I really lacking joy? Am I missing something? Guess what I remembered...with all of the worrying, scurrying, etc, I had been reading my Bible, but I had not spent enough time with God. It's so easy to read the bible as a textbook and forget that it's talking about a living, breathing God. He's done so much for me just this past month. He's provided funds, friends, food, and family, yet I still take him for granted. I was still worrying. I was checking off the "to-do" list I was reading every night without talking to and learning from the One who made it. He is patient. He is gracious. He is merciful. He is kind. He knows what lies ahead, and will give me the strength to accomplish the tasks He's given me. Spiritual food isn't just reading and making mental notes. That's like only drinking water every day. We need more. Pray that the Lord will fill me up and nourish my weak spirit, please.

It's always encouraging to hear from others. Feel free to tell me what God's been doing in your life. Post something so that God may be glorified among more people. ^_^

*~FUR~*
Proverbs 31:30



Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the challenge...to be fed spiritually each and every day. You have been on my mind a lot these last few days/weeks as you adjust to college life and the many things *that* entails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Fur! I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete